Forum > Montana Kayak Fishing

Kokanee and/or northern pike locations?

(1/1)

Pelican:
I will be in the Missoula and Flathead Lake area next week for a family reunion.  I have never fished for kokanee or northern pike in this area and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where to go.  I appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks

Zach.Dennis:
Unfortunately, the resident expert, pmpete, passed away unexpectedly earlier this year.  I would recommend searching flathead lake in the search bar.  Make sure you go to the home screen before starting your search.  Look for posts from pmpete.  He wrote tons of posts regarding that lake/area and included lots of details.  People fishing that area should definitely take a look at his posts.

Tinker:
Taking nothing away from what one can learn on this fine forum, you could also research bait and tackle shops in that area and visit them when you arrive.  They'll have the most up-to-date information.

YakHunter:
Pmpete had pointed out to me a few years ago the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes on the Mack Days event at Flathead Lake.  https://mackdays.com is their website which might have some information.  A lot of effort is going on to restore the Bull Trout in the Clark Fork River Basin and Kootenai River Basin.  They have a Flathead Lake fishing guide that would help you.     

alpalmer:

--- Quote from: Pelican on July 16, 2023, 09:22:07 PM ---I will be in the Missoula and Flathead Lake area next week for a family reunion.  I have never fished for kokanee or northern pike in this area and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where to go.  I appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks

--- End quote ---

Seeley Lake was one place I remember him going to fish for pike and lake trout,  not sure about kokanee.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version