Forum > Product Discussions

What do you wear for the salt/freshwater?

<< < (2/8) > >>

kardinal_84:

--- Quote from: the_tall_man on May 05, 2011, 09:25:22 AM ---Kokatat is where its at. I have the T3 meridian dry suit and love it. Put it to the test last winter and it did great ;)
I'd steer clear of the paddling suits as they are not real dry suits. They will pretty much do the job, but I have had problems with durability.

Lee let me know about a going out of business sale at a kayak shop in tacoma, and i got my t3 for $400. Just gotta keep your eyes peeled!  Also watch craigslist for used ones.

--- End quote ---

I love my kokatat supernova semi drysuit.  But like tallman was syaing about reliability, I don't like the fact that this one has only a 2 year warranty.  but so far it works great.  With a pfd on, I will never have my neck underwater so neoprene gasket is fine.   As often as I am adjusting my wrist gasket as it cuts off circulation to my hands, I wouldn't want to deal with a latex neck gasket for all day fishing.

tsquared:
I just ordered the T3 Super Nova Angler Semi Drysuit from outdoorplay. $24 to ship here to Canada--not bad at all. With that comfort zipper I won't have to forego my morning coffee before heading out on the yak.  :)
T2

craig:
I love my Kokatat Gore-tex drysuit.  It breathes well and is very comfortable.  I have had it a couple years now and it seems very durable.  I believe it has a life-time warranty.  The one thing I do not like is the neck gasket, but resolved that with a neck ring that OS Systems makes to hold it away from your neck.  It still seals up against the neck, it's just not strangling me anymore.

kallitype:
Ditto on the Koke Goretex---I got the new one with the neoprene, less chokey neck gasket.  Love it.  Was motivated to buy the dry suit after my buddy's near miss in January:

http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php/topic,5770.0.html

browneyesvictim:
Kayak Academy has a nice selection and very helpful! Its worth checking out their used selection!

I bought one of their lightly used (Kokatat KA Label T3 Swift Entry Dry Suit w/ Relief Zipper, Dry Socks, waterproof/breathable Tropos 3-Layer T3 KA T3SE-R) from their rental fleet. Looked brand new to me! After a little trimming back on the gaskets, I LOVE IT!

They currently are listing 25%-30% closeouts on select new 2010 Kokatats

Erik

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version