Forum > Don't Ask Me How I Know

Things I've Lost from my Yak

(1/42) > >>

Spot:
OK folks, let's hear it.  Seems someone is always loosing something while out fishing (Wali), and the rest of you have lost a bit of stuff as well.   >:D  Tell us your cautionary tale of loss.

I've been lucky so far.  I've lost 3 pairs of needle nose pliers, one folding knife, a couple of dead fish, a hat and 2 pairs of sunglasses.

-Spot-

Stumblefish:
When I had a Sit in kayak, I lost $30+ in atificial lures and swivels when I spilled the tackle box,compact leatherman tool with it, Micra i think it was called. Another trip i lost the home made lawnmower wheel cart I made by forgetting the 2nd bunjee. Also lost some sun lotion back in the early days in a rented OK scrambler or similar and got huge sunburnt legs.

The lost keys and knife dont count on Timothy lake, I dove and recovered them.

Funny you should start this thread, I found the thread on 300# line coiled into leashes, I have 10 leashes now lol.  I didnt want to post in it and revive an old thread.

andyjade:
Bonus to whoever says "virginity." Camera, sunglasses (x2), bilge pump, beer (>10), leatherman, watch.

Sad.

Ling Banger:
Penn International 965 on a Lamiglas Kenai Special. That was enough to get me to pony up for the T-13 and a rod pod. License, tags and permits.

All that stuff was lost last year, I think I'm up the learning curve enough I haven't stored any gear in DJL in a while.*

*Thanks again to Yaksurf for snagging my drybag at Stonefield. Saved me from a swim back out to get it after the clip failed, and caused him to huli.

micahgee:
-Folding knife
-Little Folding "trout" net
-Hat
-Various baits and tackle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version