Forum > Washington Kayak Fishing

Baker lake with Kayak

(1/2) > >>

Jpsky:
Hi all,
Where is the best place to launch and park for a day trip to Baker?  How early do you need to be there in peak sockeye season??
Thank you!

DesertPaddler (DK):
A couple of us will be there Wed. We can let you know tomorrow. Last time I was there the time was sunrise. Stay tuned or some of the others will chime in.

Noob Noob:

--- Quote from: Jpsky on July 15, 2019, 07:04:21 PM ---Hi all,
Where is the best place to launch and park for a day trip to Baker?  How early do you need to be there in peak sockeye season??
Thank you!

--- End quote ---

Curious about that myself. Almost a 2-hour drive from where I live so I'd either have to camp somewhere the night before or start out really early to catch the dawn patrol.

Rory:

--- Quote from: Jpsky on July 15, 2019, 07:04:21 PM ---Hi all,
Thank you!

--- End quote ---

Either Swift Creek or Shannon Creek will work, Shannon being a little closer to where the fishing is.  Ideally you want to be on the water at 4:30AM.

Heatmiser:
As Rory said, either Swift Creek or Shannon Creek. When we bring the boat, we prefer Swift Creek. But that’s a pretty long run in a kayak to where the most successful fishing is. For a kayak, Shannon Creek is the best choice. I’ll be there in my camo PA14 from Sunday 7/21 to Thursday 7/25. Be sure to say hi if you’re if you see me. The fish returns have bit a bit disappointing so far this year (only 4,336 transferred to the lake as of yesterday). Last year, the best bite was around 9:00am contrary to previous years where the fishing was best early morning. 40-45’ on downriggers gave us our best results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version