Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2026, 04:46:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:54:03 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: YAKBUM Video  (Read 5581 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Big Fish

  • Tony
  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Puyallup, Washington
  • Date Registered: Mar 2010
  • Posts: 103
Very nice!!! Carry on and keep on fishin


Captain Redbeard

  • Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • Location: Portland, OR
  • Date Registered: May 2013
  • Posts: 3348
Sweet vid! You just got yourself a fan here. Way to piece it together. It is hard to get the fish on camera. I realize it's a chunk of change but the remote for the gopro has been useful to me - you can turn the camera off (but still listening for the remote), start/stop record, switch modes, etc.

Your vid is already in the top 10% IMHO but you asked for suggestions, so here's all I've got: Great job varying camera angles (something I need to work on). If you can snag some underwater footage when you're hand-holding it (or whatever you're doing when it's on a pole or something) I've found the underwater footage to be captivating and unique. I like the voiceover at the beginning; don't be afraid to narrate every now and then while the action is on. And finally; the best vids I've seen on here and YouTube in general tell a story (another thing I need to work on). I love the timelapse at the beginning, and the timelapse at the end - keep that up. Make the day on the water a narrative from start to finish.

Really good, I'm looking forward to more!


YakBum

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • guided by Wind and Emotion
  • http://www.heroesonthewater.org
  • Location: Germany
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
  • Posts: 284
Sweet vid! You just got yourself a fan here. Way to piece it together. It is hard to get the fish on camera. I realize it's a chunk of change but the remote for the gopro has been useful to me - you can turn the camera off (but still listening for the remote), start/stop record, switch modes, etc.

Your vid is already in the top 10% IMHO but you asked for suggestions, so here's all I've got: Great job varying camera angles (something I need to work on). If you can snag some underwater footage when you're hand-holding it (or whatever you're doing when it's on a pole or something) I've found the underwater footage to be captivating and unique. I like the voiceover at the beginning; don't be afraid to narrate every now and then while the action is on. And finally; the best vids I've seen on here and YouTube in general tell a story (another thing I need to work on). I love the timelapse at the beginning, and the timelapse at the end - keep that up. Make the day on the water a narrative from start to finish.

Really good, I'm looking forward to more!
Thanks for the input!  I am going to try to make another this weekend out on the strait, hopefully it works out and I can get some action packed stuff into it
Call me FIL THE CHUB MASTER!