Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 01:43:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Camano or Shuna?  (Read 3560 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Amphibious

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Vernon & Squamish, BC
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 23
I've been using an old aquabound paddle the last few years, not sure what model, but closely resembles a  Stingray.  It's a 230cm low-angle blade.  I paddle high angle, so a little torn on which way to go for my paddle upgrade.  There isn't a place around here to try before I buy, and although the Shuna is designed for High Angle paddlers, I'm not sure I want to go to a shorter paddle (that model maxes out at 220cm).  I paddle in very large lakes and on the Coast.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:16:07 PM by Amphibious »
OK Trident 15  "S.S. Death Banana"


Fungunnin

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
  • Posts: 2548
I have two Camanos are really love them. You can paddle them at a higher angle if you want ....


Northwoods

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Formerly sumpNZ
  • Location: Sedro-Woolley, WA
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 2308
Do you come down to Washington much?  I have a new Camano (2012) that is 230cm.  I'd be happy to let you borrow it for a day to try it out.  No Shuna's though.
Formerly sumpNZ
2012 ORC 5th Place



langcod

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Hood River
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 318
You can order either paddle in 10 cm increments up to from 220 up to 250. I have a 230 Shuna Hooked Edition that I really like.
 

2015 ORC 3rd Place Winner


 

anything