Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 08:00:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Anyone familiar with the Spitfire 8?  (Read 2825 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mreggmnstr

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Location: Portland, OR
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
  • Posts: 80
Hello all,
   First let me say i do have another yak. I absolutely love my Outback aka The Battle Barge. She is well equipped for fishing, and at 5'4" and 135lb it is more or less a Pro Angler for me.
   
   I have been floating a lot in the Clack and Sandy, and the outback does fine. For having some river fun while maybe fishing out of it now and then, I'm wondering if the Spitfire 8 would be better. Easier to load, easier to maneuver, and easier to carry around. I'm not in the market right at this moment, but it is something I have on my mind. So that being said, let's hear your experiences with the Spitfire or other less expensive, short, fun, SOT's

-Paul


Noah

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Location: Tigard
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
  • Posts: 3598
Hey Paul, I don't have any experience with the spitfire but a mini-x might also fit with what you're looking for. Solid boat.
http://www.westmarine.com/buy/malibu-kayaks--sit-on-top-mini-x-kayak-mango--11896800


Lee

  • Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Location: Graham, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 6091
At around $200 the spitfire is actually an impressive ride.  I bought two for my girls a few summers back.  On several occasions I let them use my Revo and jumped on a spitfire.  I'm 210# and those little boats held me just fine, weren't tippy, and even tracked well.  I never tested them in moving water, but class I & II should be fine. 

*disclaimer:  I've been known to run class II in a 16 foot Tarpon.
 


 

anything