Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2026, 04:14:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Adventure Island Trailer Beach Cart  (Read 4163 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kenai_guy

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • It's not as fun if it's easy
  • Location: Kenai, AK
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 721
So, after I had some surgery last spring it became very uncomfortable to drag my AI up the beach to the drivable area either on or off the trailer.  Rimfirematt and I began using our trucks with really long ropes attached to the trailer tongue to drag them up the beach, but this presented some problems: crap gets inside the hitch and is difficult to clean out, tongue gets buried in the sand some times, and no good lashing point for a safe connection.

Solution....put some wheels underneath a trailer ball and use my hitch mounted winch to reel up my AI.

I started with some big fat wheeleez wheels, some scrap metal, and an idea.



No matter how many times the PB's tell me I'm nuts....I still smile every time I out fish them

9th place 2014 ORC
4th place 2014 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic
1st fish ever entered & Day 1 Champion 2013 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic


Kenai_guy

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • It's not as fun if it's easy
  • Location: Kenai, AK
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 721
Took some 1 1/2" square tubing, 2" flat bar stock, 2" trailer ball, and 7/8" rod  along with some tools and started hacking and welding away.

I put 2 pieces of the square tubing (12" long) side by side and welded them.  Then put the ball on top.  Drilled a hole in the bottom for the rod (my axle) and then welded it in place along with some washers to act as a spacer.  I then placed some weldable tie downs on the square tubing for a winch point and chain to connect to the trailer tongue.

Some more welding and a little drilling and it was done.

No matter how many times the PB's tell me I'm nuts....I still smile every time I out fish them

9th place 2014 ORC
4th place 2014 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic
1st fish ever entered & Day 1 Champion 2013 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic


tsquared

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Victoria British Columbia
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
  • Posts: 483
That is a brilliant idea! I'm always amazed at what people come up with to augment their kayaking needs.
T2