Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2026, 03:00:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: A net and three fish with one hook  (Read 4146 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmmpete

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Missoula, Montana
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
  • Posts: 1989
On Saturday, I was fishing near the shore of Harpers Lake and saw a net on the bottom.  I hooked it with my lure and pulled it up.  I was surprised to find three perch gill-netted in the net. 



The net was a piece of junk, so I left it at the launch site in hopes that somebody with lower standards for fishing gear would give it a good home.  I gave the perch a burial at sea.

Fishing was slow, but I did catch an actual edible fish.




kardinal_84

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Location: Anchorage, AK
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
  • Posts: 4216
Dang talk about "ghost nets' fishing.  Would not have pictured that.  You saved a bunch of fish!

Nice bow!
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com


 

anything