Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2026, 05:00:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 08, 2026, 09:43:41 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Hagg Lake Fishing Report  (Read 2893 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

hdpwipmonkey

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Cornelius, OR
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
  • Posts: 1510
A friend and I decided to chase some trout around Hagg Lake yesterday.  We were on the water by 08:30.  I was getting bites almost immediately.   I missed the first couple but I finally made one stick.  I got it up to the boat and I had a heck of a time getting the hook out of it.  It hit the lure hard!  I got it on the stringer and reset and started trolling again.  Again I was getting hits almost immediately but I couldn't get them to stick.  I am beginning to think that maybe they are hitting the flasher set up.  I finally got another to the boat and on the stringer.  I ended up landing 4 nice rainbows within about 2 hours and I missed probably a half dozen others.  My buddy was not having as much luck as me so I gave him a number 5 rainbow Rapala and showed him how to get it set for flatlining and within 5 mins he had his first fish to the boat.  He missed probably another 3 before the winds started picking up and we had to get off the lake.  He was having a hard time in his kayak with the winds.  Within about 2 1/2 hours we ended up with 5 fish between us with a lot more missed.  Too bad our day was cut short by wind. 
I was using a Mack's flasher set (http://www.mackslure.com/item.php?p_ref=87) and a number 7 rainbow Rapala smeared with Bloody Tuna with a small sliding weight in front of the flasher rig to keep everything down.
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"







www.facebook.com/HOWNOC


2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard


RunolfsonIII

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Location: Beaverton, OR
  • Date Registered: May 2014
  • Posts: 60
Sounds like fun. I need to get back out there.
2019 Native Slayer 13 Propel
2018 Native Titan 10.5 Propel
2015 WS Commander 120


hdpwipmonkey

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Cornelius, OR
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
  • Posts: 1510
Yeah, it was a good time.  I should of posted beforehand that I was going out there so you could of gone with us.  They must have just stocked before we got there because the fish were dumb and hungry.   ;D
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"







www.facebook.com/HOWNOC


2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard