Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2026, 02:12:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:00:20 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Salmon River camping and fishing this weekend  (Read 2437 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

salemite

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Salem
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
  • Posts: 148
    I'm planning on camping out this weekend on the Salmon river spit, and doing some bottom fishing and crabbing Saturday and Sunday.   Anyone is welcome to join.  I scoped the area out last weekend and looks like an easy launch.  It would be great to have some one who has fished there before.  Or if you know any thing that I should know before going, your advice is appreciated.
Thanks


sherminator

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Tigard, OR
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 847
   ... looks like an easy launch.  ... if you know any thing that I should know before going...

These guys already did the scouting for you...










15x tournament loser
2011 Hobie Oasis (yellow)
2014 Hobie Revo  (red)
2017 Aquaglide Blackfoot HB Angler XL


C_Run

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Independence, OR
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 1256
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/MRP/docs/marinereserves/Cascade_Head_Sign_handout.pdf

Check out the boundaries of the marine reserve and marine protected areas. I believe you can crab and fish in the marine protected areas.


salemite

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Salem
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
  • Posts: 148
Yeah thanks for the help, from what I read fishing and crabbing are legal in the north protected area.   And without any commercial fishing allowed it should be good, right?   
Of course I won't go out if it looks too rough but conditions are looking pretty good right now on MSW.  And if I don't make it out I can always stick to crabbing in the bay.


C_Run

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Independence, OR
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 1256
I've never done it but my friend catches crab from his canoe in the very lower river.


 

anything