Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2026, 09:55:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod
 

Topic: Sockeyed  (Read 2271 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mellow Yellow

  • Herring
  • **
  • 2011 Perception Pescador; 2017 Hobie Outback
  • Location: Bremerton, WA
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
  • Posts: 32
Finally met a goal that had been haunting me for 3 summers-- hooking and landing a sockeye from my kayak. I have caught lots of sockeye from a power boat in Canadian waters, but for whatever reason, landing one on my kayak has been elusive to me. I have fished for them in Brewster, Baker, Columbia River, and Wenatchee. I hooked many, but those darn things are like ballerina's and I had not been able to net one. It's funny because I have really dialed-in kokanee, their land locked cousin. I went camping in mid-July and limited 3 days in a row with some real beauties.

Last Wednesday at 3pm I read the WDFW notice that they were closing Wenatchee at the end of the weekend. I immediately started getting ready to go fishing the next day. Left Seattle at 5am and was on the water at 7:20am. The water started off Wenatchee Weird and Windy, but by 9:30am, it really started to calm down. Very happy that after attempts on 10 different days in 4 bodies of water over 3 years, I finally scored. Nice bright hen with good eggs.

I am starting to record some of my outings and here is a video of this one ...

http://vid635.photobucket.com/albums/uu76/onegeeque/Fishing%202015/Wenatchee%20August%202015_zps3k0niw9f.mp4

Life is good...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 09:25:24 PM by Mellow Yellow »