Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2026, 06:43:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:00:20 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Lake Pend Oreille - Gerrard Rainbow Intel?  (Read 4544 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ballardbrad

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Kayak Fishing Washington
  • Location: Ballard, WA
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
  • Posts: 626
Anyone have any intel they wouldn't mind sharing on Lake Pend Oreille's Gerard Rainbows?  I know it tends to be a fall fishery but it's a big lake....

This is one of those bucket list trips I've been wanting to try via kayak.  I have a down rigger or could do lead core line with Rapalas.  Anyone tried it? PM me. Thanks!

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/dec/09/gerrard-rainbows-still-thrill-anglers/


snopro

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: HR
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
  • Posts: 1169
Same here.  I'd like to score a personal best. Hoping for a weather window the first week of November.  I think many people are looking at Pend Oreille.  Does anyone want to make it a team effort?

Big lake for sure.  Would like to narrow it down a little, but I've heard they are very nomadic so it might not matter where you fish.  I think in the fall they do a lot of flatlining flies off planer boards, similar to Kootenay lake.  I guess they are very spooky of engine noise..... advantage kayakers.


pmmpete

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Missoula, Montana
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
  • Posts: 1989
For rainbows that big, I'd be interested in making a road trip to Lake Pawn Der Ray.  Even though it would conflict with Montana's big game rifle season, and the lake trout spawning season.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:34:43 PM by pmmpete »


ballardbrad

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Kayak Fishing Washington
  • Location: Ballard, WA
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
  • Posts: 626
I know Grant lives close to the lake but hasn't appeared on the board in a while.  Let's keep the dialog open. This looks like fun with interesting stuff to hit along the way.