Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2026, 11:36:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Crab trap mod  (Read 4426 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hooper

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Crescent City, CA
  • Date Registered: Nov 2010
  • Posts: 132
I cut off the top layer of one of my Danielson crab traps. Basically just made it about 9" instead of 12".
Has anyone tried this modification yet, and with what success? I did this as a test, so I could stack 3 traps on my kayak and still feel safe. As I see it, it will be less apt to be moved by the current and still hold a lot of crab.
Anyway, I'd appreciate some comments if anyone has tried this.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 07:45:00 PM by Hooper »