Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 06:02:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Wetsuit/Drysuit Question  (Read 5553 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tinker

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Kevin
  • Location: 42.74°N 124.5°W
  • Date Registered: May 2013
  • Posts: 3338
Thats a great idea to add rain gear on top of the wetsuit!  I will do that in the future.  My booties fo the wetsuit are thick so i am thinking they will keep me warm.  Why do you prefer the wetsuit for inland waters if it is less comfortable?

Thanks for your input!

I don't necessarily prefer it but it saves wear-and-tear on a costly drysuit.  The wetsuit is not uncomfortable, but it's not as comfortable as the drysuit.
The fish bite twice a day - just before we get here and right after we leave.


Zach.Dennis

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Beaverton, OR
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
  • Posts: 846

I currently own a wet suit (4/3) with booties and a hood .  This has served me well in California and is common among kayakers  down here.  I have used it in the ocean and have jumped in to cool down and felt like it kept me warm.  I will be moving to Oregon next month and want to get out on the water. 
What part of CA?  I kayaked in socal for 8 years before moving to OR and never owned a wetsuit...shorts & t-shirt 90% of the time.  Since moving to OR, I purchased a Kokatat T3 Supernova Angler suit and love it.

Currently in Modesto, which is the Central Valley. 2 hours east of San francisco and 2hours west of Tahoe. Basically 2 hours from everything lol. Water temps are pretty cold up here compared to SoCal
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC


 

anything