Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2026, 12:10:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Maco or J hook ?  (Read 3459 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bkyak

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Chino Valley, Az
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 23
I currently haul 2 revolutions 11 & 13 on Yakima 1 inch round bar. I haul them upside down, with rudder to front to secure kayaks Thur the scupper holes to the bar. I then fasten once more around the yak on the other 1 inch bar. I secure the front and rear to the vehicle. Then I use strapping that goes thru both handles and I tie it off inside the car, for added security and safety.
I am wondering if it would be easier using a Maco Saddle or J hook ?
How do you guys get from A to B ? Am open to suggestions.


Fungunnin

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
  • Posts: 2548
I always transport flat on the bar no saddle or hooks.


crash

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Humboldt, CA and Ashland, OR
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 813
I've used j hooks and flat on the bar before.  I just started using thule glide and set.  The front saddle is similar to a Mako, the back is just some felt for easy gliding.  Loading has been easy on my 3 trips so far and I have no complaints.  I got it with the intention of putting it on top of my yet-to-be-built teardrop.

The revo is light enough that most people can muscle it to wherever you need it to be, but after a long day otw I think it's nice to have the thule glide or the yakima hully roller or a $$$ hullivator.  All depends upon budget and your ability/desire to lift the kayak over your head three times a day.


 

anything