Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2026, 08:13:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:22:54 PM]

[October 08, 2026, 09:43:41 AM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Hello from Puyallup  (Read 2006 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Coho Mojo

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Puyallup Wa.RMVWYF
  • Date Registered: Oct 2016
  • Posts: 25
Hi there. I have been "lurking" here for too long. This whole kayak fishing thing looks great to me.  I think I've watched every YouTube video there is about kayak fishing (several times).  Thanks for this great site. I hope to learn a lot.
About me: I live in Puyallup, married, empty nester, like to fish salt water and have a salt boat. I don't have a kayak but it looks like great fun and I'm willing to jump in with both feet if I can find some people to fish with.  We fish Barkley sound every year and I always think about how much fun that would be in a yak.
Thanks again, Kurt (Coho Mojo)


Trident 13

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Kent
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
  • Posts: 791
Shot you a personal message (PM) from kent.
John


superd270

  • Plankton
  • *
  • Location: Santa Clara, CA
  • Date Registered: Oct 2016
  • Posts: 3
Hi there. I have been "lurking" here for too long. This whole kayak fishing thing looks great to me.  I think I've watched every YouTube video there is about kayak fishing (several times).  Thanks for this great site. I hope to learn a lot.
About me: I live in Puyallup, married, empty nester, like to fish salt water and have a salt boat. I don't have a kayak but it looks like great fun and I'm willing to jump in with both feet if I can find some people to fish with.  We fish Barkley sound every year and I always think about how much fun that would be in a yak.
Thanks again, Kurt (Coho Mojo)

Hi Kurt! This is Danny from Santa Clara, CA. I do visit your area 2 ~ 3 times a year since I have my son's in-laws reside in Spanaway. I just recently joined NWKA but has been a member of NCKA since 2009. If you have time to do some more lurking, you can visit the NCKA website and learn from there too. I joined NWKA since I'll be heading to Victoria, BC tonite and want to hook up with some of the regular yakkers in the area. So far, I got one reply but he can't make it the week that I'm there.

It's sure is a lot of fun kayak fishing where everything is a challenge starting from the nibble, the bite, the hookup zzzzzzzzzzz, keeping the tension on the line and managing the kayak at the same time, then finally landing/netting the fish. It's addicting and we often greet newbies with the WTTM welcome (Welcome To The Madness).

I'll shoot you a PM when I'm coming to your area. And anytime you're in the Bay Area, PM me. I can take you fishing anywhere from Monterey to Santa Cruz, to Half Moon Bay, and Duxbury/Bolinas. I have 4 kayaks for you to choose from.

Meanwhile, enjoy and have fun. You surely will.

Danny


islandson671

  • Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • Location: Puyallup
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
  • Posts: 1738
Hey Kurt

Welcome! You are close by to where I live too.


Coho Mojo

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Puyallup Wa.RMVWYF
  • Date Registered: Oct 2016
  • Posts: 25
Thanks fella.
Danny thanks a bunch for the invite. Warmer weather sounds pretty darn good about now.
Islandson I live behind the archery range off Shaw. Always stop by the Heros booth during the sportsmans show...more lurking I suppose.


 

anything