Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 06:47:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Retired and Heading to Alaska  (Read 1867 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Loose Oar

  • Plankton
  • *
  • Date Registered: May 2017
  • Posts: 1
Hi Folks:

I am a relatively new kayak fisherman from No. Cal.   I just pulled the plug on working for a living and I aim to  drive my old Landcruiser up the ALCAN with a kayak on top.  I will based out of Homer from Jul 1 to mid August, then I will spend two weeks in Seward.    I want to do a lot of mixed fishing, reds on the Kenai (I am actually looking forward to "combat fishing"), party boat charters, fly fishing for Dollies etc. 

I am thinking the kayak will come into its own for silvers in Seward (am I  thinking right?).  Somewhere between that and my wife's visit to do Denali (she still has to work, so most of this trip is solo) taking my daughter out on Homer charters in some weekend up from Seattle, I want to do more kayak fishing.  Rudy's blog is tremendous (Thank You sir !) for the basics on Homer and I am looking forward to giving a try for Homer buts with the kayak.

I am open to multi-day kayak trips and I thought somebody guided for those out of Valdez or Whittier, but as a matter of fact I can't seem to find any guides for kayak fishing anywhere up there... Any thoughts?

If anyone wants a newby paddle-along, I am certainly game, at least I can buy the beer at the end of day.  Also any references for good kayak fishing guides would be great !

Thanks


 

anything