Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2026, 02:29:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Sand in Hobie Mirage MD180 drive  (Read 3916 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Saltydog0

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: NW
  • Date Registered: May 2012
  • Posts: 102
1st beach landing last weekend and my MD180 drive was toast.  It was so flat out when landing that I didn't bother to pull the drive.  I've done the same with my old Hobie Outback dozens of times.  When I got home and rinsed off the drive, I noticed it was extremely crunchy.  I never had this problem with my old Outback.

The internals of the MD180 is not a serviceable part according to Hobie.  Ended up filling the bathtub with water and letting it soak for an hour while rotating the pedals back and forth by hand every 15 minutes. 

A lot of sand came out and there is no more crunchiness.  I will never leave the drive in again while landing on a sandy beach.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 03:27:36 PM by deptrai »