Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2026, 09:52:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: In need of fish finder repairman  (Read 3267 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

O. mykiss

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Siletz, OR
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
  • Posts: 27
So disaster struck yesterday, I was wiring my brand new hook4 battery connections. I finished wiring and was carrying it to the garage when the handle tore off of the bag. The fish finder hit the kitchen floor and broke the glass, I’m in total shock of what transpired. After calling Lowrance, marine repair shops, and cell phone repair shops nobody can or will fix it. It still turns on and functions fine but the glass is all cracked. So my question is has anyone ever fixed or had the glass fixed on a fish finder? I’m short on money and buying another is not an option at this point...super bummed out😔


showa

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Seattle
  • Date Registered: May 2016
  • Posts: 188
did you look up the model number of the LCD and find the replacement for it?


O. mykiss

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Siletz, OR
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
  • Posts: 27
I didn’t, I called Lowrance and every repair shop I could find. No dice, hoping someone on nwka has an answer/idea


YippieKaiyak

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Hillsboro, OR
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
  • Posts: 349
No clue.  Honestly surprised I've never done that.  I found a good guide to replacing my phone screen on ifixit but there's a heck of a lot more phone owners than fishfinder owners out there so there were replacement supplies to be had.  If you can get the actual LCD replacement it's probably just a matter of patience to replace.  I have the same fishfinder that broke on New Years Day but only on the base so that's an easy-ish fix.  Good luck!
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.


 

anything