Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2026, 11:41:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 28, 2026, 12:52:35 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: NA Thirsty Thursday: Navigating Rivers for Salmonids  (Read 10849 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ndogg

  • ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • *
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Location: SW Portland
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
  • Posts: 1767
Great presentation last week.  I learned a few good tips on how to mix up my steelhead techniques.
While we are on knots, I think you said you use a modified albright to attach between your braid and floro.  Have you had any issues with them breaking after several days of them going back and forth through your guides?
 


MurseStrong

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • 2009 OK T11 2016 Hobie Revo 13 2018 Hobie Revo 13
  • Location: Portland oregon
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
  • Posts: 428
I personally have not had issues with this knot breaking or snagging on the rod guides, when it's tied right. I use P-Line or Seaguar fluorocarbon fishing line. Every year or once in a season, i usually change out my Fluoro bumper & retie new line to my braided main.
Loon makes a product I really like called UV Knot Sense that is a clear epoxy substitute. It smoothes out the line's transition through the guides and is a fuss free knot insurance. It sets up almost immediately in natural light.  As Walt mentioned at the seminar, it can also be used as a multipurpose glue for small flies/gear or "glueing" small pebbles to your line for added weight in a drift, in the place of split shot.
If You Know The Answer, Ask Bigger Questions

"You are killing me, fish, the old man thought. But you have a right to. Never have I seen a greater, or more beautiful, or a calmer or more noble thing than you, brother."
-The Old Man and the Sea


ndogg

  • ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • *
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Location: SW Portland
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
  • Posts: 1767
Thanks for the info.  I think I will have to start gluing my splice knots.