Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2026, 01:31:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 08, 2026, 09:43:41 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Hi Fishers  (Read 1906 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Flytosser

  • Plankton
  • *
  • Location: Tacoma
  • Date Registered: Jul 2019
  • Posts: 1
New to forum from the Tacoma area. Been enjoyed casual Puget Sound area boating and fishing for ummm decades; but kayak fishing for maybe the last 6 years since I took up fly fishing. Recently retired, time to step it up a bit.

Many years before I thought about fishing from it, in order take out a youngster on warm, flat water days, I acquired a Perception Sanibel 15' tandem. When I tried fly fishing I found the Sanibel very accommodating. Usually go out on small lakes or flat water because, well..., as an old retired windsurfer I have a healthy respect for high wind, big seas,  and the unpleasant prospect of capsizing in same--well to be honest, also small lakes keeps me away from inattentive ski boat pilots and makes for a more enjoable day. Besides kayaking, I enjoy fly fishing from a pontoon boat, and stream fishing. Even though I haven't figured out how to cast a fly 80' to the fish, I have nevertheless taken a few opportunities for saltwater beach fishing.  With so much saltwater around us, I am interested in day trip kayak fishing for Coho and Cuthroat with others locally on some of the beautiful Puget Sound waters (South and Central Sound) close to home.


 

anything