Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2026, 03:13:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 08, 2026, 09:43:41 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: New guy here  (Read 2118 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Date Registered: Jul 2019
  • Posts: 93
Hi all. I'm new to the area, fishing (other than some deep sea fishing on charters), and somewhat new to kayaking at all. I do enjoy getting out on a kayak from time to time and I have had some early success in my first week of fishing (caught 3 bass) but am looking to learn about everything.

Looking to purchase a kayak so I can get out on lakes, rivers, and the ocean so I can catch some fish.


Zach.Dennis

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Beaverton, OR
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
  • Posts: 846
Welcome to the board. Glad you found it.
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC


Pinstriper

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Outer Southwest Portlandia
  • Date Registered: May 2015
  • Posts: 1043
Welcome aboard !

When you say "the area"...can you localize a little tighter ? You'll get better information and outreach from folks local to you and your waters.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Punctuation. It saves lives.
........................................................................


  • Date Registered: Jul 2019
  • Posts: 93
Welcome aboard !

When you say "the area"...can you localize a little tighter ? You'll get better information and outreach from folks local to you and your waters.

Thanks, and good point!
I was referring to the PNW but, to be more specific, I am in the Tigard/Beaverton area.


Pinstriper

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Outer Southwest Portlandia
  • Date Registered: May 2015
  • Posts: 1043
There's a lot of us that spend significant time at Hagg Lake and on the Willamette and Yamhill rivers. Good bass grounds on all of these. Plus trout at Hagg, and of course salmon runs on the Willamette.

Should be opportunities to meet up once you settle on a boat.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Punctuation. It saves lives.
........................................................................


 

anything