Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2026, 11:00:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:22:54 PM]

[October 08, 2026, 09:43:41 AM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: New guy  (Read 1933 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

truchas

  • Plankton
  • *
  • Location: Currently Rainier, OR
  • Date Registered: Jul 2019
  • Posts: 1
I’ve been lurking awhile but decided I better get on board since it was taking forever to decipher the hidden letters in order to do a search! I started kayak fishing quite a while ago, first in my old Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro and for the past few years in a Hobie Revo 13. Most of my ocean experience has been in Mexico, but I did fish Sunset Bay a couple years ago and love that place. I’m spending the summer near Rainier, OR and have been getting out on the Columbia, mostly launching at Prescott Beach. I plan to do some trolling in the river for salmon. There is always a learning curve with a new fishery and the Columbia is definitely a challenge. What I’d like to do is flatline troll plugs, but it’s looking like I may end up needing to use weight and flashers. Anyway, it’s good to be on the NWKA board and maybe I’ll see some of you on the water.


 

anything