Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2026, 06:49:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 09, 2026, 06:22:54 PM]

[October 08, 2026, 09:43:41 AM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: FNG - Tacoma  (Read 2261 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Saltycutt

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Tacoma, WA
  • Date Registered: Aug 2019
  • Posts: 23
Hey guys, I'm brand new to kayak fishing but finally took the plunge. I'm mainly a fly fishing guy but just like catching fish.  Fishing trolling and jigging gear and finding salmon from the kayak is gonna be a blast to figure out. Mainstay is to fly fish Puget Sound for cutthroat and salmon.

I have the same handle over on Washington Fly Fishing. I'll have lots of questions as I figure ot what to ask.

Cheers,
Steve
Tacoma


kayakingken

  • Krill
  • *
  • Location: Tacoma
  • Date Registered: Jul 2019
  • Posts: 16
Going out Saturday the 24th. I’m located in Tacoma if you want to hunt some salmon. Not sure where I’m going, possibly out of Dash Point, chambers creek mouth or up around Ollala. Cheers


Saltycutt

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Tacoma, WA
  • Date Registered: Aug 2019
  • Posts: 23
Going out Saturday the 24th. I’m located in Tacoma if you want to hunt some salmon. Not sure where I’m going, possibly out of Dash Point, chambers creek mouth or up around Ollala. Cheers

Would love to, but got an albacore trip that day. Definitely be hitting you up


Tinker

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Kevin
  • Location: 42.74°N 124.5°W
  • Date Registered: May 2013
  • Posts: 3338
You made it!  Glad to see another fly-flinger join NWKA.
The fish bite twice a day - just before we get here and right after we leave.


Saltycutt

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Tacoma, WA
  • Date Registered: Aug 2019
  • Posts: 23
You made it!  Glad to see another fly-flinger join NWKA.
Thanks Tinker, great little bug in your photo