Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 11:17:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:52:35 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Whuppin stick  (Read 3981 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PNWCOONASS

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Port Orchard
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
  • Posts: 46
Anyone one using a rod from Cabelas called a Whuppin Stick?  I need a trolling set up and they have then for a fairly descent price as a combo.
My other boat is an Aircraft Carrier.


EOB

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Below McNary Dam
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
  • Posts: 256
I don't personally own one but I know several people who do.  The good is I have never heard of one breaking.  The bad is they are a solid glass rod so they are heavy and not very sensitive.  If you want it exclusively for trolling than you can't hardly go wrong as glass rods load up nicely with a trolling bite.  I'm not sure about the reel cause the people I know didn't buy the combo.


Yarjammer

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Captain of the Titanic
  • Location: Marysville, Wa.
  • Date Registered: May 2008
  • Posts: 911
I have a Whuppin stick and I retired it from regular use becuase it is just too heavy the cast with all day.  I now have mine setup with a spincast reel for catfishing since it is perfect for toss-and-wait fishing while having enough backbone to pull in a PO'd catfish.


chukr dog

  • Krill
  • *
  • Location: eugene
  • Date Registered: Oct 2008
  • Posts: 16
I have an 8' spinning & used it on fall chinook.   It's tough as any ugly stick and a good rod for the money.


 

anything