Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2026, 06:42:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Rod Size for the ocean.  (Read 5949 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cobrakak76

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Ft. Lewis
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
  • Posts: 273
This is what I have always used for rockfishing.  I stay below 8' to keep the fighting force closer to the yak.  I could buy better quality gear but I dont find it that nessesary for yankin' pigs off the rocks. 
One tip about braided line for you squidgirl....Its a $3 lure just cut your line if you cant get it out.
And like Scott said, bring something for your 2-4 OZ'rs if your not using it for rockfish you can Sabiki up some live bait!


 

anything