Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 01:04:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod
 

Topic: Drifting on the Lewis River??  (Read 2513 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CardioNurse

  • Herring
  • **
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 30
I'm thinking to do a little drifting on my yak on the Lewis River? I've never drifted any type of boat before. Can anyone help me with the proper techniques? I also am worried about what to do if I drift into rapids? I don't want to flip and have all my gear in the water. Any help I can get is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!


ZeeHawk

  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
  • Posts: 5506
This is technically the most difficult type of kayak fishing out there and I don't recommend giving it a try until you really know your way around your yak. No tips on any website will be enough to keep you safe. If you want to learn how to do this I'd highly suggest hiring a guide and let him know you'd like to learn how to drift. Also your kayak selection needs to be right as well. Do some searching on NCKA.org and there's a few people there who drift and you can check out their boats.

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy