Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2026, 07:38:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod
 

Topic: Ollala  (Read 2623 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PNWCOONASS

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Port Orchard
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
  • Posts: 46
Hey anyone do any fishing or crabbing near Ollala?  I did some bottom fishing and crabbing last year just north near southworth. 

thanks pete
My other boat is an Aircraft Carrier.


kallitype

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Vashon Island kayaker
  • Location: Vashon Island, WA
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
  • Posts: 1673
The current in the Colvos Passage is pretty strong, muddy bottom, and deep---not the best recipe for crabs!  Maybe try down around Point Richmond, bottom is a mix of sand and small pebbles.  Here's a link:


http://www.captaindownriggins.com/point_richmond.htm
Never underestimate the ability of our policymakers to fail to devise and implement intelligent policy


kallitype

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Vashon Island kayaker
  • Location: Vashon Island, WA
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
  • Posts: 1673
So------how was the crabbing?????
Never underestimate the ability of our policymakers to fail to devise and implement intelligent policy


PNWCOONASS

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Port Orchard
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
  • Posts: 46
mostly reds, but I'd get a few dungs every now and then.  I pretty much hit my limit every time. 

I was using 2 rings checking every 30-45 minutes between fishing for flounder.   I had to stay out of the current though.  Someone had told me that they used to go to Ollala and catch mostly dungs so I thought I'd ask. 

Pete
My other boat is an Aircraft Carrier.