Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 04:15:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: BASIC ANCHOR ON A KAYAK  (Read 3064 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

HUNTINHICK

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: UNION WA (HOOD CANAL)
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
  • Posts: 120
I have been following the post on the drift rig, however I was looking for something to hold us in place in the sound.  I know it can be dangerous to anchor in a kayak what should I be considering when I an looking at this?  I was thinking of putting a scotty anchor mount at the rear of the kayaks so that we could drop the hook and let our rigs drift infront of us or would the anchor trolly do this also and let us anchor on the side in still water? also do you find that the 6 or 8 pound anchors will hold a kayak in place?

Carl 


polepole

  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Location: San Jose, CA :(
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
  • Posts: 10099
Either would probably work for situations in which the current isn't pushing hard.  5# will hold you no problem.

-Allen


 

anything