Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2026, 09:13:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Kayak coolers  (Read 5381 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Foul_hooked

  • Perch
  • ***
  • I'd rather be fishing
  • Location: Renton Wa
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
  • Posts: 70
What are people using for coolers. I have been thinking of several options. I have an outback and would like to put it aft of my gear bag behind my seat. Has anyone seen a cooler that would work for fish and drinks... Two compartments? Soft coolers vs hard shell coolers? Has anyone put a yeti on their yak?
Any ideas


  • Location: The Gorge
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
  • Posts: 710
I have an old Coleman blue cooler that I'm looking at tearing apart and remaking myself for the back of my Revo. It's "insulated" - whatever that means but I'll be taking the liner out and super-insulating it with "Foam Stuff."

Breaking News to follow.

True
"This above all: to thine own self, be true, and it must follow, as the day the night, thou canst not then be false to any man."


Ranger Dave

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Vancouver, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 566
I have an old Coleman blue cooler that I'm looking at tearing apart and remaking myself for the back of my Revo. It's "insulated" - whatever that means but I'll be taking the liner out and super-insulating it with "Foam Stuff."

Breaking News to follow.

True

Heads up Bro. You should either contact the manufacture of Foam Stuff, and/or do some serious research about how safe of product it is for food storage. Not only if you're using it for an insulator for your fish storage cooler (where there's water and the temperature range fluctuates between semi-cool to barely safe enough for fish storage), but also if your keeping your personal consumables stored in it. Might be fine for sealed containers like beverage cans (no bottles on the water please), but you wouldn't want to find out a few days later or even years later some nasty chemicals had been leeching into your lunch....Just a thought
Retired Army - 67N/67V/67R/15R