Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2026, 03:35:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Questions about outfitting my new yak  (Read 3329 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mcdc1369

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Location: Kent
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
  • Posts: 81
I was wondering about where to mount rod holders on my OK Prowler.
Any suggestions???


polepole

  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Location: San Jose, CA :(
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
  • Posts: 10099
I'm assuming you don't have the angler edition.  Those flat spots behind the seat are meant for mounting holders.

If you want some up front, I like to put them on the shelf right in front of each foot well.  In fact, anything I mount in the cockput is in front of the footwell, not in my lap.  I don't like excess "junk" in my way in the cockput and I have long arms which let's me reach my rods without too much difficulty.

Here's a typical rig for me ... using RAM mounts.



-Allen


mcdc1369

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Location: Kent
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
  • Posts: 81
I do have the angler edition, but really don't like the flush mounts in the back.


boxofrain

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Brookings, Or.
  • Date Registered: May 2006
  • Posts: 1015
Agreed, the flush mounts behind the seat are where I stick my net or gaf , some other gear.
I have never used them for my pole!
I have a ghetto rod holder I can stick in the forward footwell scupper.
musta spent $1.00 on it.
the memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime.


 

anything