Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2026, 11:48:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:00:20 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: I feel so small...  (Read 2998 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Yakabout

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Salem, Or
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011
  • Posts: 35
Hi. My name is Charlie and I am a krill.  :-\ 
I feel so small and insignificant. Krill are slightly larger than plankton, so I guess it could be worse  ???
Perhaps one day I will grow and be known as a "Jumbo Shrimp"--that is...if I am not eaten by a feisty Cabezon first...
Wish me luck...it is a BIG ocean out there!
"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story!"


andyjade

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Photo Dump
  • Location: Jadednesses
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 1330
Don't be so hard on yourself, Charlie.  Krill are cool creatures.  I did my senior thesis on their feeding behaviors and olfactory-driven actions.  I even glued them to toothpicks and counted the pulsations within their feeding baskets.  They can navigate a Y-maze better than mice.  Crafty little buggers, they are.  Believe in your totem animal, and it won't lead you astray.  Be the krill; deep fry the cabbie.  All is right in the world.
Blog/Photo Dump

Editor, The Milkcrate, Kayak Angler Lifestyle.


  • Don't ask me how I know!
  • Date Registered: Nov 2006
  • Posts: 1704
krill haves noses? ???
"For when sleeping I dream of big fish and strong fights"


Yakabout

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Salem, Or
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011
  • Posts: 35
Don't be so hard on yourself, Charlie.  Krill are cool creatures.  I did my senior thesis on their feeding behaviors and olfactory-driven actions.  I even glued them to toothpicks and counted the pulsations within their feeding baskets.  They can navigate a Y-maze better than mice.  Crafty little buggers, they are.  Believe in your totem animal, and it won't lead you astray.  Be the krill; deep fry the cabbie.  All is right in the world.


The animal that walked with me on my spirit quest was the bufallo...
Naturally you can understand my insecurities as they relate to my "Sea Totem" vs. my "Land Totem" although...
The Krill could be considered the "bufallo grass" of the wide open spaces of the ocean prairie???
Talk about a role reversal! Sometimes you are the lion--other times the antelope!!!!!
I must go get in touch with my pulsating feeding baskets now...
Peace be with you my Krill torturing friend,
Charlie
"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story!"


 

anything