Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 11:09:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: I made it!  (Read 2255 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sinker

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Portland
  • Date Registered: May 2011
  • Posts: 412
I made it back to PDX yesterday.  84 was fine from Boise through the pass,  but the gorge was really nasty.

I had to stop to de-ice the truck several times.  I could barely stay standing in Hermiston the pavement was so slippery.

But the good news is that I picked up my Revo today!

I spent the afternoon putting on the turbo fins and sailing rudder and generally admiring my purchase.  It's not everyday you get a new $2000 piece of tupperware!

It looks like the weathers going to be abysmal on into the foreseeable future, so I was thinking of taking her on a maiden voyage in the fountain at peninsula park as a joke.

I would much rather be up a creek without a paddle than down one.


  • Location: The Gorge
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
  • Posts: 710
Nice! Congratulations for making it through The Gorge first and, secondly, congrats on your Revo purchase. I was just making a few modifications today (with the 3rd snow day in a row) and have been counting down the days until Spring Salmon fishing breaks loose.

True
"This above all: to thine own self, be true, and it must follow, as the day the night, thou canst not then be false to any man."


craig

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Tualatin, OR
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
  • Posts: 3819
Dude! The water is high enough that Willamette Falls looks doable.  Let's hit it tomorrow.  If Tommy Lee Jones can swim from the Hawthorne Bridge to the falls and climb them, we should be able to run them!  It would be an awesome maiden voyage!


jstonick

  • Guest
Great idea Craig. I recommend putting at Sportcraft and taking out at Willamette park in West Linn. What better test for the turbo fins than climbing the falls :)


Sinker

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Portland
  • Date Registered: May 2011
  • Posts: 412
That sounds like a great plan.  Tell you what,  since you guys have more experience, I will run the video camera while you show me how it's done.         
I would much rather be up a creek without a paddle than down one.


 

anything