Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 04:39:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: 2011 Coos River Coho  (Read 2145 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

coosbayyaker

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • "Hooky Thing"
  • Location: Coos Bay Oregon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
  • Posts: 3862
Never posted this up i guess. Yaksurfs first 2011 Coho. With a ten foot leader for some reason!

See ya on the water..
Roy



yaksurf

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Eugene, Oregon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
  • Posts: 514
I retied my leader to my lure while on my kayak.  I'd been having a hard time catching a coho and had been told to go with a longer leader.  I was shooting for a 4'-5' leader I just tied way to long.  So when I reeled the coho up to my yak.  I quickly realized that it was going to be almost impossible to net and because I was using a large treble hook with 35' test leader that was set real good I just yarded it in real quick (I got lucky).

1st Place 2010 AOTD Sunset Bay Tournament
1st Place 2011 AOTD Sunset Bay Tournament
4th Place Gemme Shelter Six Annual Tournament
3rd Place 2012 Sunset Bay AOTD
3rd Place 2013 Sunset Bay AOTD
1st Place 2014 Sunset Bay AOTD


Marvin A

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • AKA Buckwheat
  • Location: Canyonville, OR
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
  • Posts: 131
Maybe longer was the secret weapon that day.