Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 12:04:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Paddling/fishing gloves  (Read 4507 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

demonick

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
  • Posts: 2835
For those of us who like fingerless gloves, and I wear one pair or another most of the time on the water (I have 3 different pairs), I found an interesting, inexpensive version at Home Depot, Monkey Grease Fingerless Gloves. 

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/outdoors/workwear/grease-monkey-pro-large-multi-purpose-fingerless-gloves-82377.html

My HD only had L and XL, and I have M hands, so I found Ms at:
http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/718515-mens_pro_fingerless_work_gloves.html#.T8pJbMXcfec
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com


Pelagic

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Oregon City & Netarts
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 2469
What are the gloves for?  warmth?  UV protection?  Closet hand model? ;D


Fungunnin

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
  • Posts: 2548
Personally I can't stand fingerless gloves. If I am going to wear gloves I wear full fingers b/c I will always poke/ cut/ scratch/ or otherwise injure the exposed part of the finger. I like 1mm free dive gloves.


craig

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Tualatin, OR
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
  • Posts: 3819
Real men where mittens.  The kind that have a string connecting them to each other that runs through the sleeves of you drysuit/drytop/jacket.   :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:06:08 PM by craig »


  • Location: Coos Bay
  • Date Registered: May 2012
  • Posts: 197
Real men where mittens.  The kind that have a string connecting them to each other that runs through the sleaves of you drysuit/drytop/jacket.   :)

With tassels...
I know what I am...My wife tells me all the time!!


demonick

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
  • Posts: 2835
Real men where mittens.  The kind that have a string connecting them to each other that runs through the sleaves of you drysuit/drytop/jacket.   :)

With tassels...

With which they drink their whole milk, extra vanilla, caramel frappuccino latte breve.

What are the gloves for?  warmth?  UV protection?  Closet hand model? ;D

Yes.  Warmth, UV protection, protection from abrasion, hooks, line, fish spines, and general damage to palms and knuckles.  I hold my rod a lot. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:35:50 AM by demonick »
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com


revjcp

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Don't judge me...
  • Location: Shelton, WA
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
  • Posts: 1924
Malibu Mini-X

Formers Rides...
OK Trident 13
Hobie Outback


rawkfish

  • ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • *
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Location: Portland
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
  • Posts: 4731
I usually only wear fingerless gloves when I hang out with these guys.



Or when it's colder than a well diggers @$$ in January and I'm chasing trout or dinos.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 09:11:45 AM by rawkfish »
                
2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson