Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 11:37:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: What's the deal with your guys halibut regs?  (Read 3694 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pelagic

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Oregon City & Netarts
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 2469
The popular spots (halibut hill, chicken ranch etc.) are in the neighborhood of 500-600+ feet.  48oz of lead is the norm :o.  Lets just say bait checks suck


Cowpokey

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Location: Soju Tent
  • Date Registered: Jun 2012
  • Posts: 69
The popular spots (halibut hill, chicken ranch etc.) are in the neighborhood of 500-600+ feet.  48oz of lead is the norm :o.  Lets just say bait checks suck
That doesn't sound like fun...


etonfish

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Portland/Cannon Beach
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 23
So...how deep do folks fish during the "all-depth"?

750' deep, 21 nautical miles due west of Garibaldi.  Not exactly kayak fishable. 

As for weight, I usually use 24 oz of lead and use the boat motor to keep the lines strait.  I just hate using 3 lbs or more of lead.  My last trip we needed 2 lbr's because it was a little rough.  I have some 4 lbr's, but I decided long ago that if it was so rough I needed to use them, I would just head back home. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:47:05 AM by etonfish »


 

anything