Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 09:11:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: South Santiam River? Fishable by Kayak?  (Read 1985 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BennettOZ

  • Herring
  • **
  • Malibu Pro Explorer
  • Location: Foster, OR
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 37
I was curious if the South Santiam River would be fishable by from a Kayak? I am mostly interested in fly fishing. However, I am open to other types of fishing, just not to experienced in them. I just recently got a Kayak and I have not fished from it yet, I plan on getting my bearings on the lakes and ponds before attempting a river of course. I was just curious... I live just above foster Dam and would like to be able to maybe fish the river as well eventually.

I have a Malibu Kayak Pro Explorer. Any input or tips/tricks would be appreciated for this newbie!

Thanks!


jimst

  • Perch
  • ***
  • ling
  • pictures
  • Location: Mid valley
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
  • Posts: 79
Hey,
I would go with ya on a pontoon.  Soggy Sneakers says class 2 at low water. It's getting near springer time.