Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 06:35:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Best shrimp pots for kayak  (Read 14546 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Northwoods

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Formerly sumpNZ
  • Location: Sedro-Woolley, WA
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 2308
When I can justify the $$ for a manual downrigger I want to use that for hauling the pots up.  Until I'm at that point in my salmon fishing though I'll have to do it by hand.

Wish I'd known about those folding pots a month ago.  Couldn't find anything like that back then so I got rigid ones (same size as what's on that website).  Would've made it a lot easier to transport the pots.

Gloves, a Scotty base located so I can actually use the pulley, and some better line management and I'll be in much better shape for hauling the pots.
Formerly sumpNZ
2012 ORC 5th Place



Dirk1730

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Sumner wa
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 306
I saw a guy use a boey big enough to float the pot and a counter wieght to pull the pot throw a pulley. Or go with the river anchor set up and use your boat to pull up the pot.
BETTER TO HAVE A BROKEN BONE, THAN A BROKEN SPIRIT.


Akfishin

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Wasilla, AK
  • Date Registered: Mar 2012
  • Posts: 401
There are folks like AKfishing, Fungunnin, and Howard McKim out of Ketchikan that drop and retrieve pots with a rod and reel.  I'm too much of a wimp. 

Pulling those full size Ladner pots with rod and reel is... Umm... Fun?


 

anything