Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2026, 10:16:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 28, 2026, 12:52:35 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Do-It flutter lure help for rockfish and lings.  (Read 2285 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

yaktastic

  • A cowboy in a kayak? I never was normal.
  • Salmon
  • ******
  • shut up and let me fish.
  • Location: The Dalles Or
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
  • Posts: 857
Had a trip planned July before wheat harvest but due to the many fires we had it got canned.so planning a August trip.I ordered a 2-3 oz mold for jetty and shallow water.for 60'plus should I get a 5oz mold or 7&9oz mold.any help is better than I can come up with on the web.
4th place 2017 TBKD Rockfish.


Pelagic

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Oregon City & Netarts
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 2469
Most of the time off the Oregon coast you won't need more than 4 oz,  sometimes 6oz.  By the time you need six the wind is blowing to much to fish very well.  I mostly bring 1.5oz jigs and 3-4 oz jigs, very rarely will you need less or more weight. 


rawkfish

  • ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • *
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Location: Portland
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
  • Posts: 4731
Yeah, what he said.  I carry 6 and 8 oz. jig heads with me, but I almost never need them.  3 oz.  is my go-to size for 30 to 90 ft. off the Oregon coast.
                
2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson


yaktastic

  • A cowboy in a kayak? I never was normal.
  • Salmon
  • ******
  • shut up and let me fish.
  • Location: The Dalles Or
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
  • Posts: 857
Thanks guys that helps me out a lot.
4th place 2017 TBKD Rockfish.


coosbayyaker

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • "Hooky Thing"
  • Location: Coos Bay Oregon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
  • Posts: 3862
Most of the time off the Oregon coast you won't need more than 4 oz,  sometimes 6oz.  By the time you need six the wind is blowing to much to fish very well.  I mostly bring 1.5oz jigs and 3-4 oz jigs, very rarely will you need less or more weight. 

+1 to both of those guys. I use 2 ouncers mostly for jigging, don't have anything over 4 ounces in my boxes unless i'm going deeper to try for a Halibut.
See ya on the water..
Roy