Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 02:02:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Siuslaw Kings- not yet...  (Read 1971 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rogerdodger

  • Fish Retriever
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • roger
  • Location: Florence OR
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 1648
no Kings here yet, water still a little warm, 56-58F today, down from 60-62F last Friday.  I trolled a flasher/cut herring in the jaws for a few hours anyway just hoping to get real lucky...the Chinook usually start up our river by Aug.20ish....maybe next week.

I did cross the Siuslaw river bar just to pedal around in the ocean for half an hour or so in 2ft widely spaced swells, and I dropped a crab pot on the way out and picked up a nice keeper for dinner....

cheers, roger
2019 Hobie Outback (Fish Retriever)



goldendog

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: Florence, Oregon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
  • Posts: 963
Roger, I did catch a Coho on Woahink yesterday. About 9 inches, and of course, had to release it! Still, I am getting in salmon mode. Can't wait to get back on the Slaw!
Fishing is much more than fish.  It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.  ~Herbert Hoover


rogerdodger

  • Fish Retriever
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • roger
  • Location: Florence OR
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 1648
Roger, I did catch a Coho on Woahink yesterday. About 9 inches, and of course, had to release it! Still, I am getting in salmon mode. Can't wait to get back on the Slaw!

actually, I did release 3 shakers yesterday that hit a #4 black bell spinner that I trolled for a while....

oh wait, I was back in the river so I guess they would be smolt...they were like 5" long..;D  switched back to flasher/herring...

we get those small coho in Munsel and Siltcoos also, I am sad that many are probably kept by people fishing for trout and either "call them" a rainbow or they don't know that small coho can never be kept as part of your trout limit...
Oregon NW zone regs:  "Salmon under 15 inches are considered trout, except coho salmon, which are always considered salmon regardless of size."
2019 Hobie Outback (Fish Retriever)