Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 04:42:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Neat find from an aircraft part supplier...  (Read 3405 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlexB

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Bay Area, CA
  • Date Registered: Jan 2015
  • Posts: 136
What's up guys?

I've been brainstorming about how to install my downrigger, and stumbled across these gems:



I had a picture of this thing in my head, and just knew it had to exist somewhere. Indeed it does...

Seems like these could be a great option for adding sturdy, waterproof, corrosion resistant threaded anchor points. Just attach with a couple rivets or bolts and a little GOOP and you've got a solid anchoring point.

Seems like this could open up endless possibilities for kayak rigging.

They are available here, along with all kinds of other neat toys:

http://aircraftproducts.wicksaircraft.com/viewitems/aircraft-nuts/anchor-nut-two-lug-floating-nas1473?

Enjoy!

~Alex


pmmpete

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Missoula, Montana
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
  • Posts: 1989
Thanks for the information.  This is a great find.  I made waterproof nuts and mounted them under the gunwale of my Revolution to hold down the mount for my downrigger, but making those nuts was a complicated project.  These sealed nuts look great.


craig

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Tualatin, OR
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
  • Posts: 3819
Too bad they do not come in 1/4 - 20 thread. 


AlexB

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Bay Area, CA
  • Date Registered: Jan 2015
  • Posts: 136
What do you have that's 1/4-20?

I'm figuring I'll probably go with the 10-32, but I'm starting from scratch so I can pick whatever. I'll use these to secure a level platform of Starboard, then just mount my DR base to that.


AlexB

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Bay Area, CA
  • Date Registered: Jan 2015
  • Posts: 136
These ones look nice, too. Spreads the load over a wider area, but might not fit in the tight spot I need it to.



Could add one of these little vinyl vacuum caps to waterproof it (thanks Nangusdog for the idea).



 

anything