Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 07:55:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:52:35 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Progress!  (Read 2722 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ConeHeadMuddler

  • non-competitor
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Smells like low tide
  • Location: Twin Harbors area, WA
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
  • Posts: 1036
Got my Naive 12 partially outfitted with an anchor trolley system I rigged up from scratch, thanks to the examples posted on this site. Kind of heavy duty, as i had a half dozen 3" stainless rings lyin' around made out of 5/16" bar that a crab fisher gave me, and used one of those for the "hookup ring."  That will make it easy to stick a pole thru it for staking out my kayoe.  Entire rig easily unclips for transport.

No poleholders yet, but am getting some.  Don't use 'em much fly fishing, but I will need them for lugging the spin rod and trolling rod.  Cut some 1 1/4"  (inner dia.) pvc conduit I had lying around into 3 pieces and zip-tied them to a milk crate I had. Had to notch the middle of one bottom edge of the crate to get it to sit flat due to the skeg box. So now I have one of those crate setups...whoopee!

My rear skirt arrived (backordered) yesterday, and now I can describe the Native 12 as a "Ragtop SIK."
Yep, fully skirted up, it looks like a convertible.  Remove the skirts, and its a canoe.

Oops! Running late for heading out to the lake! Trout fishing today! Woohoo! >:D Report later.

Already eddycatin' myself about SOTs and keeping my eyes open. Saw a couple of ScupperPros for sale pretty cheap on B.I. in Craigslist, but I'm not sure if I want one. Lookin' at the OK Prowler 13, Big Game 12, and the Mantas, Tarpons, and Cobras. I'm going to have to try some out first, though.
ConeHeadMuddler