Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2026, 12:15:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Best Fishfinder for under 400?  (Read 3553 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

revjcp

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Don't judge me...
  • Location: Shelton, WA
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
  • Posts: 1924
Seems like there are many options. What have you guys liked at this price point or less?

I was something with gps... Although I have a GPS... A garmin 60csx... So maybe I don't need on built in. Anyway, have at it and please say why you think one is better than another.

Malibu Mini-X

Formers Rides...
OK Trident 13
Hobie Outback


Mreggmnstr

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Location: Portland, OR
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
  • Posts: 80
My elite 4 hdi is on the way, So no experience. It is 2d broadband sonar, down scan imaging, and GPS all in one for $299. Add 30 for the mount, 20 for the battery, and misc for under $400.


Joel_T

  • Herring
  • **
  • Location: Vernonia
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 36
I got the 5x HDI for $355. Was willing to sacrifice the GPS for the bigger screen. We don't do ocean anyway.
Tag team - His Revo13 / Hers Revo11


  • Chris
  • True Life: I'm Addicted To Kayak Fishing
  • Location: North Bend, OR
  • Date Registered: Jun 2012
  • Posts: 1598
My elite 4 hdi is on the way, So no experience. It is 2d broadband sonar, down scan imaging, and GPS all in one for $299. Add 30 for the mount, 20 for the battery, and misc for under $400.
+1 on the elite 4 hdi.  I plan on getting this unit...possibly even the 5.
1st Place 2015 Chinook Showdown 
8th Place 2014 AOTD
1st Place 2013 AOTD                        
"Everyone should believe in something,  I believe I'll go fishing."

Sponsorship and Support:
Waxer's Surf Shop
Hobie Fishing Team
Lancer Jigs
Pro-Cure Scents


  • Predator pdl
  • Alpine metal art
  • Location: Snoqualmie Pass WA.
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
  • Posts: 86
My elite 4 hdi is on the way, So no experience. It is 2d broadband sonar, down scan imaging, and GPS all in one for $299. Add 30 for the mount, 20 for the battery, and misc for under $400.


Ialso ordered one last week with navatronics gold. Plus new kayak. Very happy camper here.
Johnson outdoors Pro-staff
Old town kayaks
Humminbird sonar
2014 & 2015 Old Town Predator 13's
2016 Predator xl
2017 predator pdl
KnoxKustoms fishing rods


dampainter

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Location: the dalles, oregon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 743
is the gold card that much more worth it??? what yak did ya get mountain2sound?
 


  • Predator pdl
  • Alpine metal art
  • Location: Snoqualmie Pass WA.
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
  • Posts: 86
is the gold card that much more worth it??? what yak did ya get mountain2sound?

I got the predator 13 (not here yet) and yes it does give me some mountain lakes that I fish often, so for $39 more for the chip it should work out. But I have not had the chance to try it out yet, the lakes and roads are still covered with snow. The elite 4 hdi is a great size for a yak at 4.3in it's not all that small either, but compared to the 5 series it is much smaller, the frame and extra plastic make the 5 quite large. Just my 2 cents
Johnson outdoors Pro-staff
Old town kayaks
Humminbird sonar
2014 & 2015 Old Town Predator 13's
2016 Predator xl
2017 predator pdl
KnoxKustoms fishing rods