Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2026, 01:02:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Hobie Warranty, Transferrrable?  (Read 5127 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cosmo

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Integrity-It's What You Do When No One's Looking
  • DADventurerNW
  • Location: Tualatin, Oregon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 518
Hello Everyone,

I'm in the market for a second Hobie Outback, for my son, or a Revo 13 for me and give him the Outback.  I'm looking for a used kayak,  a year or two old, and still under warranty.

Can anyone tell me if the boat is still under factory warranty, is the warranty transferrable?  If it is, what do I need to have and do to transfer it?

Thanks.
Cosmo
2 Hobie Mirage Outbacks 2014


  • Location: Warrenton, OR
  • Date Registered: Oct 2009
  • Posts: 406
Here is the actual warranty info   http://www.hobiecat.com/articles/hobie-warranty,97/
It does not specifically mention transferring the warranty, but I know Hobie has covered issues with second owners in the past.
Suggest contacting Hobie directly about your question    http://www.hobiecat.com/contact-us/


Cosmo

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Integrity-It's What You Do When No One's Looking
  • DADventurerNW
  • Location: Tualatin, Oregon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 518
Thanks Dr.

Looks like the warranty is only 2 years.  For some reason, I thought the warranty was 3?

I'm looking at a 2012 Revo and 2013 Outback, so it's likely the warranties will be near expiration either way.

Thanks for the info.
Cosmo
2 Hobie Mirage Outbacks 2014


Lee

  • Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Location: Graham, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 6091
If you buy a year old "demo"from a shop, it should come with full warranty
 


Cosmo

  • Salmon
  • ******
  • Integrity-It's What You Do When No One's Looking
  • DADventurerNW
  • Location: Tualatin, Oregon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 518
Thanks Lee.  When you say full warranty, do you mean 2 years from when it was new, or two years full from the day I purchase it?

These are demo boats, being sold by a Hobie rep.
Cosmo
2 Hobie Mirage Outbacks 2014


Lee

  • Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Location: Graham, WA
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 6091
Should be from date of purchase.  If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will jump in and correct me.
 


 

anything