Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2026, 01:00:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 03, 2026, 05:47:33 PM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Skwoosh vs GTS Expedition ??  (Read 3434 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Northwoods

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Formerly sumpNZ
  • Location: Sedro-Woolley, WA
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 2308
After bitching for the last couple of years about the seat on my kayak I think I'm finally ready to pry my wallet open enough to buy a better one.  I know a gel pad would be a lot cheaper but I also want the back support of a better seat. 

I'm looking at the Skwoosh Big Catch and the GTS Expedition.  Price seems to favor the Skwoosh, but I'm more interested in the comfort levels of the 2 seats.  FWIW my kayaks are an OK Prowler 13 and an OK Malibu 2XL.  I would imagine either seat would fit just fine in both of those, but if not I'd like to hear it.

My biggest issues are a sore butt/low back and some leg numbness and knees that don't want to work for a while after getting back on land (only an issue for 4+ hour paddles).
Formerly sumpNZ
2012 ORC 5th Place



Ray Borbon

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Hook em and cook em
  • Location: Kirkland,WA
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 474
I had the GTS Expedition seat on a previous kayak. It is comfortable but the back is higher than I liked and I found and it can be a little more difficult to get at things behind myself when using that seat. I put two GTS Pro seats into my tandem after that experience. Otherwise I found the GTS Expedition seat to be comfortable.  I have zero experience with Swoosh. I hope that helps...