Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2026, 09:42:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 08, 2026, 09:43:41 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: Salmon Scraps Patty  (Read 13142 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dray

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Tigard, OR
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 482
Oh man that is hilarious.

Looks good.  I will give it a try the next time Ndogg throws me some scraps on a carcass.  He thought I wanted it for crab bait. In reality I picked it clean because I was that desperate for Springer.  Pathetic...I know.  :embarassed: Pride goes out the window in the Spring for me.
Dave


MurseStrong

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • 2009 OK T11 2016 Hobie Revo 13 2018 Hobie Revo 13
  • Location: Portland oregon
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
  • Posts: 428
Cheeks? Like the collar or actually inside the head? We LOVE the collar or Kama piece!!!! Yummy!!!!!
I just apple wood grilled some springer Kama (collar) tonight that was unbelievable & dripping with fat. Besides fresh Hamachi I can't remember ever having a better fish!
If You Know The Answer, Ask Bigger Questions

"You are killing me, fish, the old man thought. But you have a right to. Never have I seen a greater, or more beautiful, or a calmer or more noble thing than you, brother."
-The Old Man and the Sea


ZeeHawk

  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
  • Posts: 5506
Nice one. That burger looks awesome. And like Bill said, with some panko and an egg that burger will hold together and will overall be nice and rich.

I have a similar recipe for the scraps. It's a salmon salad sandwich with fresh salmon stock soup. It's here in a post I wrote like a bazillion years ago. http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=1647.msg13263#msg13263
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy