Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 06:49:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

[July 30, 2026, 03:52:25 PM]

by [WR]
[July 27, 2026, 10:08:05 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: An unusual catch  (Read 4117 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmmpete

  • Sturgeon
  • *******
  • Location: Missoula, Montana
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
  • Posts: 1989
I was downrigger trolling on Lindbergh Lake, and suddenly felt an odd vibration in my kayak.  While I was trying to figure out what it was, I noticed that although I was pedaling, my downrigger cable wasn’t forming a V-wave.  I had hooked something with my downrigger, but it wasn’t the bottom.  I tried to crank up my weight, and it came up, but was heavier than usual.  I figured that I must have hooked a branch, but when my weight surfaced, there was the handle from a waterskiing rope hooked on it.  I pulled up the rest of the rope.  The vibration I had felt was my downrigger line sliding over the texture of the rope.



Other than that, it was a pretty standard day.






« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 05:57:04 PM by pmmpete »


 

anything