Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2026, 12:58:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 07, 2026, 06:00:20 AM]

[September 29, 2026, 12:06:23 PM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod
 

Topic: Please help with non-fish identification  (Read 2590 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Eugene

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • 2015 WS Thresher 140
  • Location: Seattle Eastside
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
  • Posts: 214
Hi Guys! Yesterday I caught two of this things. Released of course. Second one was 2 times bigger. Anybody knows what they are? Thank you in advance!



bsteves

  • Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • *****
  • Better fishing through science
  • Location: Portland, OR
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
  • Posts: 4584
Plumose anemone.  They're usually white, but can also be orange like yours.
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh


INSAYN

  • ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • *
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Location: Forest Grove, OR
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
  • Posts: 5417
Tastes like chicken.   ;D
 

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15


Eugene

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • 2015 WS Thresher 140
  • Location: Seattle Eastside
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
  • Posts: 214
Thank you guys! I remember earlier I caught one the same thing but smaller and brown color from Golden Gardens fishing pier. I asked all guys who were fishing on pier - nobody knew. About taste - I do not know if they are eatable, but anyway I guess they are not allowed to keep as other non-food fish. IMHO...


 

anything