Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2026, 05:29:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[October 09, 2026, 06:22:54 PM]

[October 08, 2026, 09:43:41 AM]

[September 12, 2026, 10:21:13 PM]

[September 10, 2026, 07:02:35 AM]

[September 08, 2026, 08:56:45 AM]

by jed
[August 21, 2026, 05:45:53 PM]

[August 21, 2026, 04:28:27 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 08:30:22 PM]

[August 20, 2026, 07:10:29 PM]

[August 11, 2026, 04:33:52 PM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:33:18 AM]

[August 09, 2026, 11:31:45 AM]

[August 07, 2026, 05:09:12 PM]

by jp52
[August 03, 2026, 05:06:39 PM]

[July 31, 2026, 08:40:54 AM]

Picture Of The Month



2025 & 2026 AOTD champ Nobaddays
with a trophy lingcod

Topic: swan island a non fishing report  (Read 2009 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

patp

  • Perch
  • ***
  • Location: portland
  • Date Registered: May 2015
  • Posts: 50
my buddy got a new kayak and wanted to get it wet so we hit swan island to cathedral park and back on sunday. water was muddy but the day was nice enough for january. he is happy with his wilderness systems atak and i must say it is a nice ride.we saw alot of birds a few fish jumping and surprising number of kayak anglers that sounds like they were doing alright. definately heading back in spring for some bass fishing. wind was light and current pretty easy. does anyone know the distance from swan island to cathedral park? all in all a very enjoyable day with a good friend and it is very good to paddle again. need to invest in a dry suit soon.


jsmccormick

  • Lingcod
  • *****
  • Location: Salem
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
  • Posts: 230
I was out there lol. Got 9-10ish sturgeon. Good day for me slow for others. Didn't get a thing the last 2 hours or so. Join lower Columbia kayak anglers if you have Facebook. There was a post saying we were going out.
2016 2nd Place Brownlee Crappie Shootout
2015 7th Place Boniville Bass Bonanza

2015 Hobie Revolution 13
2015 Hobie Oasis


Beachmaster90

  • Rockfish
  • ****
  • Location: Creswell, OR
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
  • Posts: 131
Jsmccormick showed up just in time for Chris and I to test all of the slow spots for him. When we all got to the good spot he hammered them while I swung and missed repeatedly. After showing up an hour later than Chris and I, he was beating me 7-0 by the time I got my first fish.   I'd say I have some skills to tune.... Had a great time!


 

anything